It seems Windows 10 comes default with settings that hordes 80% of your Internets bandwidth for only windows applications leaving only 20% for other applications. This simple setting tweak should improve your online internet experience with not only Ark but pretty much any non-Windows default application or game.
Step 1 Windows 10 Click the small windows logo at the bottom left of screen and then the little gear icon for Settings Update and security Advance Options Choose how updates are delivered Once in here click update from more than one place to off, there should be but one on off switch in this screen again make sure it’s toggled off. Click ok and exit
Step 2 Hover mouse over windows icon on bottom left of screen While holding shift type R Once a window pops up click the Run In the run box type gpedit.msc (after you hit enter if you get a bunch of pop up just click ok until they go away). From the left of the screen Click administrative templates Then click network Then QOS Packet Scheduler Then Limit Reservable Bandwidth On the top click enable, you will see a box highlight with 80 in it. Change that to 0 and then apply Then simply click ok and exit and reboot your computer. This simple setting tweak should improve the bandwidth of your applications and games by 80%
Unfortunately this seems to only be for Windows 10 Pro. I can't find the gpedit command on my computer with Windows 10 Home. Tried researching it and there doesn't seem to be a work around for the Home version